Tuesday, July 27, 2010

what is he teaching me?

definitely how there is freedom in obedience. i spent the last year of my life disregarding what god was telling me the whole time. though i am one to learn from my mistakes, i can now say with confidence that it is more fulfilling to listen to god the first time. i never realized how in-tangled in sin i actually was until, after a year of confusion and isolation, i began to actively pursue a relationship with my creator again. and he came through for me. not that i ever doubted god, but i definitely doubted his people. but he is revealing to me that his spirit LIVES IN US! how sweet is that? the creator of the universe takes hold of us so that if only we yield to his law that we are free. but if we decide to ignore the spirit, we only become more confused and dissatisfied.
he is showing me that there are christians who are real. i want to be entirely authentic, but the only way to do that is to yield to the spirit and allow him to move you when he calls. god wants to use me.
he wants to use my gifts.
he is teaching me about my specific gifts. i am realizing more and more how much jesus has given me a heart for international students and different cultures. and he is reassuring me every day of my gift to sing and that i need to use it! god what do you want me to do with my voice?! i want to worship you!
okay so my dream job for the next ten years would be to join a worship band that travels to different countries and gives concerts and gets to know the people of the cultures. if i could do that. wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment