Saturday, May 15, 2010

a budding romance

i have been keeping a journal on and off since i was thirteen years old. from a young age i always loved english the most out of all of my classes. i would take writing a paper over taking a test any time. i began keeping my journal in eighth grade while i was on a retreat with my youth group called In Search of a Princess. we stayed at a crown hotel in a land far away from home. this was where i first officially recognized what having a personal relationship with jesus meant. it was the budding of an enchanting love that would forevermore blossom in my heart. i specifically remember the day that Kimberly Powers gave us a writing assignment. She gave us blue, clouded paper to write on and an envelope. we were asked to write a letter to God about anything we wanted to. anything that was going on in our lives, how we wanted to change, if we wanted to change, our emotions, joys and struggles. sending them to him. i sealed my envelope with a kiss and sent it to Kimberly who sent it to me six months later.

my family moved from the sophisticated, traffic packed streets of DC to the tranquility of the Ozark Mountains and Lakes last summer. as i was packing up my lilac room, reminiscing in the memories of pictured paper, ribbons and the cutouts of my scrapbooks, i came upon the envelope that held that very special letter. as i read, i grinned at the memory of the desires of a young girl`s heart which had been hiding in this small, secret package, waiting for me to come along and drip the tears of growth and love onto its perfect sky pages. the pages told of the beginning of a love journey. the journey of a princess accepting her father`s forgiveness and redemption because of his sacrifice. she was his prize. he was enthralled by her beauty, the essence of who she truly was created to be. she was awakening from the deep slumber of death and was beginning to tiptoe into a foreign, radiant love light.

this triggered my desire to write...2.15.10.

No comments:

Post a Comment